Autism Spectrum Disorder
Daniel talks to Dr. Lindsey about school, his excellent grades, his friend Justin, his interest in Legos and how he’s currently feeling: mad. When questioned as to why he’s mad, Daniel answers that it is because kids are mean.
As the therapist progresses through the interview we learn of an incident at school where Daniel became angry and yelled at another classmate who was bullying him at the time of the outburst.
Daniel makes little eye contact, engages in self-stimulatory behavior, struggles to answer more open-ended or abstract questions, speaks in a pressured manner and often provides answers that feel scripted. Daniel says that he has one friend at school and that his brother sits with him on the bus.
When questioned about a toy Daniel brought with him, he becomes more visibly engaged in speaking about his passion for trains and begins detailing all the types of trains that he’s brought into Dr. Lindsey’s office.
Additional Symptom Media Preview Films:
- Anorexia Nervosa Binge-Eating Purging
- Bipolar I Disorder with Mood-Congruent Psychotic Features
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder, Severe, with Peripartum Onset
- Stimulant Use Disorder, Severe, Cocaine
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Sexual Assault
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (Police Officer)
- PTSD with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mental Status Exam
- Suicide Assessment