Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD; F43.10) Criterion E – Hyperarousal
E. Marked alterations in arousal and reactivity as evidenced by two (or more) of the following:
- Irritable behavior and angry outbursts (with little or no provocation) (e.g., verbal or physical aggression toward people or objects).
- Reckless or self-destructive behavior.
- Exaggerated startle response.
- Problems with concentration.
- Sleep disturbance (e.g., difficulty falling or staying asleep or restless sleep).
(American Psychiatric Association, 2022)