1.9 Signs of Elder Abuse
Signs of Elder Abuse
- Becoming withdrawn.
- Exhibiting frequent agitation or violence.
- Rocking back and forth.
- Having unexplained pressure marks, bruises, burns, cuts, or scars.
- The development of preventable conditions (e.g., bedsores).
- Unsafe, hazardous, or unclean living conditions.
- General signs of poor hygiene (e.g., dirty clothes, body odor, unwashed hair).
- Lack of personal health care items (e.g., glasses, dentures).
- Sudden and unexpected financial losses or unpaid bills despite having adequate financial resources.