1.1 What are common technology issues that can arise during teletherapy?
What are common technology issues that can arise during teletherapy?
- Unreliable internet which can lead to:
- The session abruptly cutting out due to a lost connection.
- “Choppy” connection that leads to a noticeable lag.
- Screen freezing.
- Issues with the microphone on someone’s device which can lead to audio issues.
- Issues with the webcam which can lead to visual issues.
- Device being connected to other applications, which can lead to interruptions during the session such as e-mail, text notifications, and phone calls.
- Power outages that abruptly end a session.
- Problems with a website or platform that is being used to deliver teletherapy.