Major Depressive Disorder, Severe, with Peripartum Onset
Mrs. Tilman recently gave birth to her first child and has come to see the doctor. She is upset that she is not experiencing the normal feelings of motherhood. At times she cannot hold or feed her daughter and often regrets becoming a mother. Each of these feelings in turn create an intense sense of guilt and remorse that has led to lack of sleep, a deteriorating relationship with her husband, and her inability to work or socialize.
This film showcases the major symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder, Severe, with Peripartum Onset.
Additional Reading for Major Depressive Disorder, Severe, with Peripartum Onset:
Additional Symptom Media Preview Films:
- Anorexia Nervosa Binge-Eating Purging
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar I Disorder with Mood-Congruent Psychotic Features
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
- Stimulant Use Disorder, Severe, Cocaine
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Sexual Assault
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (Police Officer)
- PTSD with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mental Status Exam
- Suicide Assessment