1.1 Preventing, Identifying and Treating Violence and Abuse
Preventing, Identifying and Treating Violence and Abuse
- Identify ways to detect violence or abuse.
- Routinely inquire about physical, sexual and psychological abuse as part of the medical history.
- Identify the community resources available to those that are experiencing abuse or vulnerable to experiencing abuse.
- Have knowledge regarding the legal requirements for reporting violence or abuse to include mandatory reporting.
- Not allow diagnosis and or treatment be influenced by misconceptions of violence and abuse.
- Providers have an obligation to take appropriate action to alleviate harm caused by violence and abuse.
Office on Violence Against Women. (2013)