3.1 Key Takeaways
- Does Estelle have any injury, pain, or bleeding that’s related or untreated?
- Acknowledge that there are health risks, offer STI testing.
- Makes sure she has a safe place to go after she leaves, remember Estelle is homeless.
- Making a referral to the local hospital that performs the exams, if Estelle decides to do the examination.
- Inform there are resources that are available to her.
- Help walk her through those resources.
- Support Estelle even though it may be questionable whether she’s going to follow through.